UPSC released recruitment 2020 advertisement which consists of various jobs and positions. Online registration for this examination starts from 07.10.2020 to 27.10.2020. The total number of vacancies for this Combined Geo Scientist Examination posts is around 40. Candidates eligible can check our information mentioned below for more details. For more on information about Central Government Jobs please check here.
Candidates are requested to produce all original certificates (UG / PG degrees, age proof, experience certificate, publications and any other testimonials that certify their competency to work in the project) and apply Online.
|Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Job Type||Central Govt Jobs|
|Job Location||All Over India|
|Post Name and Vacancies||Combined Geo Scientist Examination - 40
Chemist, Group A - 15
Scientist ‘B’(Hydrogeology), Group ‘A’ - 16
Scientist ‘B’(Chemical ) Group ‘A’ - 03
Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics) Group ‘A’ - 06
|Mode of Applying||Online|
|Last Date||27.10.2020 by 06.00 pm|
|Withdrawal of Online applications||04.11.2020 to 10.11.2020 till 06.00 pm|
|Official Website||Click Here|
UPSC Combined Geo Scientist Examination Placement Details
- UPSC requires following posts to fill their vacancies.
- Combined Geo Scientist Examination – 40
- Chemist, Group A – 15
- Scientist ‘B’(Hydrogeology), Group ‘A’ – 16
- Scientist ‘B’(Chemical ) Group ‘A’ – 03
- Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics) Group ‘A’ – 06
- Combined Geo Scientist Examination – 40
- All Over India.
UPSC Combined Geo Scientist Examination Job Eligibility Details :
- A candidate must be either:
(a) a Citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and
Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the Examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
Educational Qualification :
- For Chemist Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India and Scientist ‘B’(Chemical) Group ‘A’ in C.G.W.B. M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature or other educational Institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed Universities under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 i.e. recognized University.
- For Scientist ‘B’(Hydrogeology) Group ‘A’ in C.G.W.B.
Master’s degree in Geology or applied Geology or Marine Geology or Hydrogeology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational Institutes established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the
University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
- For Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics) Group ‘A’ in C.G.W. B. – Master of Science degree in Physics or Applied Physics or Geophysics or Applied Geophysics or Marine Geophysics or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Technology) (Applied
Geophysics) from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational Institutes established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956
Age Limit :
- A candidate for this examination must have attained the age criteria as prescribed below:-
(a) For Chemist (Group ‘A’) in the Geological Survey of India, an attached office of Ministry of Mines, Government of India: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the first day of the month of January of the year in which the Examination is to be held (i.e. as on 1st January, 2021] i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1989 and not later than 1st January 2000.
(b) For Scientist ‘B’(Hydrogeology) Group ‘A’, Scientist ‘B’(Chemical) Group ‘A’ and Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics) Group ‘A’ in Central Ground water Board, Ministry of Water Resources:-
Must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained at the age of 32 years on 1st January, 2021 i.e. he/she must have been born not later than 2nd January 1989 and not later than 1s t January 2000.
Mode of Applying :
Selection Process :
- Written Test
- Personal Interview.
- Document Verification.
Important Dates :
- Last Date for Online Application : 27.10.2020 till 18.00 hrs
- The online Applications can be withdrawn from 04.11.2020 to 10.11.2020 till 06.00 pm
Details Regarding Fees :
- Examination Fees – Rs 200.
- Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay fee of Rs.200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI. Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Payin-slip during Part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. “Pay by Cash” mode will be deactivated at 11:59 p.m. of 26.10.2020 i.e. one day before the closing date of submission of application; however applicants who have generated their Pay-in- Slip before it is deactivated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date. Such applicants who are unable to pay by cash on the closing date i.e. during banking hours at SBI Branch, for reasons whatsoever, even if holding valid pay-in-slip will have no other offline option but to opt for available online Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking payment
mode on the closing date i.e. till 6:00 p.m. of 27.10.2020.
How to apply for UPSC Recruitment 2020 – Combined Geo Scientist Examination
- Check and verify your eligibility to UPSC ICombined Geo Scientist Examination Recruitment 2020.
- Submit all the details required by Union Public Service Commission.
- Go through the Official Notification carefully.
- Visit UPSC official website https://upsconline.nic.in/
- Candidates are required to apply Online using the link Click Here
- Candidates are required to apply Online using the link http://upsconline.nic.in
- Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above mentioned website.
- The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID (Registration ID) is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc.
- The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- All candidates whether already in Government Service including candidates serving in the Armed Forces, Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment should submit their applications
online direct to the Commission.