UPSC Combined Geo Scientist Examination released recruitment 2019 advertisement which consists of various jobs and positions. UPSC is planned to conduct “COMBINED GEO-SCIENTIST EXAMINATION” on 19.01.2020. Online registration for this examination starts from 25.09.2019 to 15.10.2019. The total number of vacancies for this Combined Geo Scientist Examination posts is around 102. Candidates eligible can check our information mentioned below for more details. For more on information about Central Government Jobs please check here.
Candidates are requested to produce all original certificates (UG / PG degrees, age proof, experience certificate, publications and any other testimonials that certify their competency to work in the project) and apply Online.
|Organization||UPSC Combined Geo Scientist Examination|
|Job Type||Central Govt Jobs|
|Job Location||All Over India|
|Post Name and Vacancies||Geologist, Group A : 79
Geophysicist, Group A : 05
Chemist. Group A : 15
Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group A : 03
|Mode of Applying||Online|
|Date of Preliminary Examination||19.01.2020|
|Date of Main Examination||27.06.2020 & 28.06.2020|
|Official Website||Click Here|
UPSC Combined Geo Scientist Examination Placement Details
UPSC Combined Geo Scientist Examination requires following posts to fill their vacancies.
- Category-I : (Posts in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines).
(i) Geologist, Group A : 79.
(ii) Geophysicist, Group A : 05.
(iii) Chemist. Group A : 15.
- Category-II : (Posts in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources)
(i) Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group A : 03.
- All Over India.
UPSC Combined Geo Scientist Examination Job Eligibility Details :
- Only citizens of India (male and female).
- Subjects of Bhutan, Nepal, and Tibetan refugee who came to India before the 1 January 1962
- A person of India origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Candidates will have to produce Certificate issued by Indian authorities certifying their claim.
Educational Qualification :
- (i) For Geologists Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India –
(a) Master’s degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resources Management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geosciences or Petroleum Exploration or Geochemistry or Geological Technology or Geophysical Technology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or an educational institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed university under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 (3 of 1956).
(b) For Geophysicists Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India –
M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature in India or other educational institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed universities under the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
(c) For Chemists Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India –
M.Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature or other educational Institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed Universities under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 i.e. recognized University.
- For Junior Hydrgeologists (Scientist B), Group ‘A’ in Central Ground Water
(a) Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology from a University
incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational
Institutes established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities
under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or
(b) Master’s degree in Hydrogeology from a recognized University.
Age Limit :
- A candidate for this Examination must have attained the age criteria as prescribed below:-
(a) For Geologist and Geophysicist and Chemist (Group ‘A’) in the Geological Survey of India, an attached office of Ministry of Mines, Government of India: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the first day of the month of January of the year in which the Examination is to be held (i.e. as on 1st January, 2020] i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1988 and not later than 1st January 1999.
(b) For Jr. Hydrogeologist (Scientist B) (Group A) in Central Ground water Board,
Ministry of Water Resources :-
Must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained at the age of 35
years on 1st January, 2020 i.e. he/she must have been born not later than 2nd
January 1985 and not later than 1s t January 1999.
- NB: Candidates should ensure that they meet the age eligibility criteria for each post mentioned above for which they are applying.
(c) The upper age limit will be relaxable upto a maximum of 7 years in the case of Government servants, if they are employed in a Department mentioned in Column I below and apply for the corresponding post mentioned in column II.
- Geological Survey of India – (i) Geologist Group ‘A’ (ii) Geophysicist Group ‘A’
(iii) Chemist Group ‘A’.
- Central Ground Water Board – (i) Jr. Hydrogeologist, (Scientist B) Gr. A.
- For further details Refer Notification.
Mode of Applying :
Selection Process :
- Preliminary Examination.
- Computer Based Objective Type Test.
- Personal Interview.
- Document Verification.
Important Dates :
|01.||Date of Notification||25.09.2019|
|02.||Closing date of Online Application||15.10.2019 by 06.00 pm|
|03.||Withdrawal of Online applications||22.10.2019 to 28.10.2019 till 06.00 pm|
|04.||Date of Preliminary Examination||19.01.2020|
|05.||Date of Main Examination||27.06.2020 & 28.06.2020|
Scheme of Examination :
Details Regarding Fees :
- Examination Fees – Rs 200.
- Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from
payment of fee).
- Candidates should note that payment of examination fee can be made only through Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
- Applications submitted without the prescribed fee/mode shall be summarily rejected.
- Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
How to apply for UPSC Combined Geo Scientist Examination Recruitment 2019 – Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist & Jr.Hydrogeologist Posts
- Check and verify your eligibility to UPSC Combined Geo Scientist Examination Recruitment 2019.
- Submit all the details required by Union Public Service Commission.
- Go through the Official Notification carefully.
- Visit UPSC official website https://upsconline.nic.in/
- Candidates are required to apply Online using the link Click Here Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above mentioned website.
- Brief instructions are given in Appendix‐IIA. Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above mentioned website.
- The facility of withdrawal of Application is available for those candidates who do not want to appear for the Examination. In this regard, Instructions are mentioned in Appendix‐IIB of this Examination Notice.
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e‐Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the Examination.
- The e‐Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website [www.upsc.gov.in] for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post. All the applicants are requested to provide valid & active e‐mail i.d. while filling up online application form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them
- In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc.candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near ‘C’ Gate of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011-23385271/011-23381125/01123098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.