TamilNadu Public Service Commission has released recruitment 2019 advertisement for Archaeological Officer (18) vacant positions. TNPSC has planned to conduct exam for this post of “Archaeological Officer“ on “29.02.2020“. Online registration for this posts starts from “28. 11. 2019” to “27.12.2019“. Candidates who are eligible for this posts check our information below for complete details. For more on information about Tamilnadu Government jobs please check here.
Eligible candidates fill in the application form and send including e-mail id and mobile no. along with the photo copies of certificates and supporting documents for qualification, experience and other information online. Details regarding the posts, vacancies, educational qualification, salary, age limit and selection process are given below in a brief manner, kindly go through it carefully.
|Organization||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission|
|Job Type||TN Govt Jobs|
|Post Name and Vacancies||Archaeological Officer - 18|
|Mode of Applying||Online|
|Starting Date||28. 11. 2019|
|Last Date||27. 12. 2019|
|Last Date for|
Payment of Fees
|30. 12. 2019|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Recruitment 2019 Placement Details
- Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission requires following candidates to fill their vacancies.
- Archaeological Officer in Archaeology Department (Post Code :1843 )- 18 (2019-2020).
- Name of the Service – Tamil Nadu Animal Husbandry Service (Code No.036).
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Job Eligibility Details :
Educational Qualification :
- Archaeological Officer in Archaeology Department (Post Code :1843 ) – i) Must possess M.A.Degree in Ancient History and Archaeology or in Archaeology (OR)
Must possess M.A.Degree in History or Indian History or in Tamil awarded by any of the University recognized by the University Grants Commission and A „Post Graduate Diploma in Epigraphy and Archaeology‟ awarded by the institute of Epigraphy, Department of Archaeology, Government of Tamil Nadu or Post Graduate Diploma in Archaeology awarded by the Archaeological Survey of India.
ii) Must have passed Tamil as one of the subjects in Degree level.
- KNOWLEDGE IN TAMIL : Applicants must have passed Tamil as one of the subjects in Degree level on the date of this Notification.
Age Limit :
- Age Limit as on 01.07.2019 –
- SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs of all Castes – Min 18 years – No Maximum age limit
- “Others” [i.e. Applicants years not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs] – 18 years – 30 years
- Age Concession :
(i) No maximum age limit for SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs and DWs
of all communities who have passed Pre Technical course /Pre University Course
/Higher Secondary Course/ Diploma and Degree.
(ii) For Differently Abled Persons (Others)
(a) Differently Abled Persons are eligible for age concession upto 10 years over and above the maximum age limit prescribed above.
(iii) For Ex-Servicemen: (Others)
(a) Ex-servicemen are eligible for age concession upto 48 years of age.
(b) The above mentioned age concession will not apply to those Applicants who
have already been recruited to any class or service or category.
(i) Applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs., who
have put in 5 years and more of service in the State/ Central Government are not
eligible to apply even if they are within the age limit.
(ii) Instructions given with regard to maximum age limit under Para 5 of the ‘Instructions to Applicants’ will apply to this recruitment.
(iii) No maximum age limit shall mean that the applicants should not have completed 58 years of age either on the date of notification or at the time of selection / appointment to the post.
Salary Details :
- Archaeological Officer in Archaeology Department (Post Code :1843 ) – Rs.36,200-1,14,800/- (Level-15).
Scheme of Examination :
- (i) The candidates should choose only the subject in which they have obtained the
- (ii) The question paper in „Tamil Language and Literature‟ subject will be set in Tamil language only. For the other Subjects and General studies will be set in both English and Tamil.
- (iii) Refer para 22 of “Instructions to Applicants” in regard to instructions to be followed while appearing for competitive examinations conducted by the Commission.
- (iv) The Syllabus for Examination is furnished in the Annexure – II of the Notification
and also available in the Commission‟s website www.tnpsc.gov.in for the post of
Archaeological Officer for the subjects of Ancient History and Archaeology/History
and Archaeology/ Archaeology (code No.314),Indian History(code No.361), History(code No.362) and Tamil Language and Literature(code No.363).
Mode of Applying :
Selection Process :
- Written Test.
- Oral Test.
- Personal Interview.
- Document Verification.
Important Dates :
Details Regarding Fees :
- Examination fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) is payable online through
Net banking / Credit card / Debit card or it can be paid offline at SBI/ HDFC Bank
within 2 days from the date of submission of online application, by choosing the option
in the online application.
- Applicants have to register their basic particulars through One-Time Registration
which is mandatory on payment of Rs.150/- (Rupees One Hundred and Fifty
Only) towards registration fee and then should apply online for this recruitment.
- The One-Time Registration will be valid for 5 years from the Date of Registration.
Thereafter, the registration should be renewed by paying the prescribed fee.
- Applicants who have already registered in One-Time Registration system on payment of Rs.50/- before 01.03.2017 and those who have registered for One-Time Registration on or after 01.03.2017 by paying Rs.150/- towards One-Time Registration are exempted from paying the registration fee for this recruitment.
- Applicants have also to pay the service charges applicable to the State Bank of
India/ HDFC Bank.
- Offline mode of payment in the form of Demand Draft / Postal Order etc., will
not be accepted and the applications forwarded with such modes of payment
will be summarily rejected. Those who have registered in the One-Time Registration system and paid the registration fee of Rs.150/- and received the registration ID need not pay the Registration fee i.e., Rs.150/- and it is enough to pay the examination fee alone.
- Applicants who have made One-Time Registration must pay the prescribed
examination fee for this recruitment. (One–Time Registration is only to avail exemption from Registration fee for a period of five years from the date of registration and it will not be considered as prescribed examination fee for this recruitment).
- Applicants can avail exemption from paying examination fees as per eligibility criteria.
- Fees Concession Refer Notification.
How to apply for TNPSC Recruitment 2019 – Archaeological Officer Posts
- Check and verify your eligibility to TNPSC Recruitment 2019.
- Submit all the details required by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
- Go through the Official Notification carefully.
- Visit TNPSC official website http://www.tnpsc.gov.in
- Eligible applicants would require to register and apply online through Candidates should register and create a login ID using the url Click Here and submit the application.
- Attach all the necessary documents and attest by self signature the same.
- Applicant should select the name of the post (s) and service to which they wish to apply.
- Online application uploaded without the photograph, specified documents and signature will be rejected.
- All the particulars mentioned in the online application will be considered as final and no modifications will be allowed after the submission of the application.
- Once an application is submitted, no further request for change of details will be entertained. Hence, the applicants are instructed to fill the online application with utmost care.
- Print Option
- After submitting the application, applicants can print / save their application in PDF format.
- On entering User ID and password, applicants can download their application and print, if required.
- Need not send the printout of the online application or any other supporting documents to the Commission.
- The application and certificates will be verified only when the applicants come up for next stage of selection.
- Hall Tickets for eligible applicants will be made available on the Commission‟s website www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net or www.tnpscexams.in so as to enable the applicants to download the same.
- Hall Tickets will not be sent by post. Hence, applicants should watch the Commission‟s website before the scheduled date of examination.
- Communication to Applicants : Individual communication regarding the date and time of certificate verification and counseling will not be sent to the applicants by post. The details will be made available on the Commission‟s website. Applicants will be informed of the above fact only through SMS and e-mail and they should watch Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission‟s website in this regard.