Details regarding the posts, vacancies, educational qualification, salary, age limit, examination fees and selection process are given below in a brief manner, kindly go through it carefully.
Eligible candidates fill in the application form and send including e-mail id, mobile no. and upload scanned photo, signature and other information online.
|Organization||Tamilnadu Medical Services Recruitment Board|
|Job Type||TN Govt Jobs|
|Job Location||Chennai (Tamilnadu)|
|Post Name and|
|Medical Physicist - 34|
|Mode of Applying||Online|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Educational Qualification||(i) Must possess a basic Degree in Science with Physics as one of the main
subject, from a recognized University / Institution
(ii) Post-Graduate Degree in Radiological / Medical Physics
Post Graduate Degree in Physics from a recognized University and Post-
M.Sc Diploma in Radiological Physics / Medical Physics
With an internship of minimum 12 months in a well-equipped Radiation
Therapy Department and relevant certification from the competent authority.
Preference shall be given for the candidates who also possess additional
qualification for appointment as Radiological Safety Officers in the Medical
Institutions, duly declared by the Division of Radiological Protection of the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Bombay.
Note : A Post Graduate Degree obtained after completion of S.S.L.C, Higher Secondary Course and a degree (10+2+3+2 or 3) from any University or
Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission shall be recognized as the Qualification
If a candidate claims that the educational qualification possessed by him/her
is equivalent though not the same as those prescribed for the appointment, the
onus of proof rests with the candidate.
Candidate on the date of the Board’s Notification for the post should possess
adequate knowledge in Tamil. Candidates who do not possess an adequate
knowledge in Tamil may also apply. If selected, they should pass the Second Class
Language Test (Full Test) in Tamil within a period of two years from the date of
their appointment, failing which they will be discharged from service.
|Age Limit||SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBC&DCs, BCs, BCMs( including Ex-servicemen belonging to these communities) – 57 Years
Others - 40 Years
Ex-servicemen - 48 Years
Note : 1. Sub-Section 8 of Section 20 of the Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act- 2016 shall be applicable to this recruitment.
2. Applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBC&DCs, BCs, BCMs who have put in 5 years or more of service in the State/Central Government are not eligible to apply even if they are within the age limit.
|Salary Details||Level-22 Rs.56100-177500 (Details can be seen in Annexure-6 of this notification).|
|Official Notification||Click Here|
|Application Fees||Gen/ OBC – Rs.750/-
SC/SCA/ST/DAP(PH) - Rs.375
|Last date for offline payment of fee through|
- Check and verify your eligibility to TNMRB Recruitment Board 2019.
- Submit all the details required by Tamilnadu Medical Service Recruitment Board.
- Go through the official notification carefully.
- Interested candidates are first required to log on to the Medical Services Recruitment Board’s website www.mrb.tn.gov.in
- On the Home Page, click “Online Registration” to open up the On-Line Application Form.
- Select the name of the post as Medical Physicist.
- Candidates fill in required details without skipping any field.
- Mobile number and e-mail ID are mandatory.
- All communication from MRB will be sent to the registered mobile number by SMS and registered e-mail ID ONLY.
- No Communication will be sent by Post.
- Candidates are required to upload their scanned copy of colour photograph and, scanned copy of signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
- An online application is incomplete without the Photograph and Signature upload.
- The last date for submission of Application (Online Payment & Registration) is 26.03.2019.
- Last date for offline payment of fee through Indian Bank is 28.03.2019
- The date of examination is 14.07.2019
- Any communication intended for the Board must be made in writing and addressed only to the Medical Services Recruitment Board, 7th floor, DMS Buildings, 359, Anna Salai, Teynampet, Chennai – 600 006.
- If a reply is sought, it must be accompanied by an envelope affixed with sufficient postage stamps with the address to which the reply is to be sent.
- The availability of hall ticket for download will be sent to the registered email ID / SMS to the registered mobile number.
Official Website :