Southern Railway has released recruitment 2019 advertisement for Apprentices (667) vacant positions. Candidates who are the resident of the geographical jurisdiction of Southern Railway i.e Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Puducherry Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep are eligible to apply. Applications complete in all respects should be submitted only ONLINE till the closing date, by visiting
Online registration for the post of starts from “01.12.2019” to “31.12.2019“. Candidates who are eligible for the posts check our information below for complete details. For more on information about Central Government jobs please check here.
Candidates are requested to produce all original certificates (UG / PG degrees, age proof, experience certificate, publications and any other testimonials that certify their competency to work in the project) and apply Online.
|Job Type||Central Govt Jobs|
|Job Location||Within the jurisdiction of Southern Railway
Trichy and Madurai Divisions
|Post Name and Vacancies||Apprentices - 667|
|Mode of Applying||Online|
|Last Date||31.12.2019 by 05.00 p.m|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Southern Railway Recruitment 2019 Placement Details
- Southern Railway requires following posts to fill their vacancies.
- Apprentices will be engaged in the following trades. The slots available in various trades with communal break in GOC Workshops in Madurai and Trichy Divisions are tabulated below for the information of candidates
- Within the jurisdiction of Southern Railway – Trichy & Madurai Divisions.
Southern Railway Job Eligibility Details :
Educational Qualification :
- Minimum Academic / Technical Qualification as per the Apprentices Act 1961,
a) Must have passed 10th class examination under 10 +2 system or its equivalent with mnumum 50% marks in aggregate.
b) Must have passed ITI Course in relevant trades from a recognized institution approved by NCVT/SCVT
c) Must have passed +2 with Science (physics, Chemistry & Biology) for MLT Candidates.
Note: Minimum 50% marks in SSLC not applicable for SC/ST/PwD candidates
Candidates with higher qualifications viz. Diploma/Degree and Course completed Act
Apprentices are not eligible to apply.
Age Limit :
- The candidates should have completed 15 years of age and should NOT have
completed 22 /24 years for Freshers /Ex-ITI, MLT Respectively.
- The upper age is relaxable by 3 Years for OBC candidates, 5 Years for SC/ST
candidates and 10 Years for Person with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD).
Salary Details :
- Selected candidates will be engaged as apprentices and they will have to undergo apprenticeship training as prescribed under Apprenticeship Act & rules.
Mode of Applying :
Medical Classification :
- Selected Candidates shall have to bring Medical Certificate at the time of document verification in the prescribed format as per Apprentices Act, 1961 and Para 4 of Apprenticeship rules, 1992 (as amended from time to time).
- The Medical Certificate should be signed by Government Authorised Doctor (Gaz.), not below the rank of Asst. Surgeon of Central/State Govt Hospital.
Details Regarding Fees :
- Processing fee (Non-Refundable) Rs.100/- Fee is to be paid through ONLINE MODE. No fee is required to be paid by SC/ST/PwD/ Women candidates.
Engagement & Contract :
- The Selected candidates shall be engaged in the unit of their choice subject to the extent of vacancies and they may have to be engaged in other units coming under the jurisdiction if so warranted by the Administrative requirement.
- The selected ITI/Non-ITI(Freshers) candidates have to execute a contract of apprenticeship under the Apprentices Act 1961 and if such candidate is minor, his Guardian can execute the prescribed contract as per the guidelines of Regional Director of Apprenticeship Training/Chennai/Guindy.
- In the event of selection the candidates should register his/her details in
the Apprenticeship portal I Website http;llapprenticeship.gov.in – Apprenticeship – candidates Registration and report at concerned units with apprenticeship Registration ID.
- There is NO GUARENTEE OF EMPLOYMENT and the contract of Apprenticeship will be
terminated on completion training.
- However 20% of the vacancies in the case of Direct Recruitment through RRCs in Level-l posts will be filled giving preference to Course completed Act Apprentices.
Selection Process :
- Written Test.
- Personal Interview.
- Document Verification.
- The following criteria is prescribed for preparation of merit in the selection:
Taking the average of the percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in both Matriculation [with minimum 50% aggregate marks] and ITI examination giving equal weightage to both.
For freshers : The average of marks obtained by the candidates in SSLC/Matriculation.
Important Dates :
- Last date for submission of online application : 31.12.2019 by 05.00 p.m.
How to apply for Southern Railway Recruitment 2019 – Apprentices Posts
- Check and verify your eligibility to Southern Railway Recruitment 2019.
- Submit all the details required by Southern Railway .
- Go through the Official Notification carefully.
- Visit Southern Railway official website http://www.rrcmas.in/
- Eligible applicants would require to register and apply online through Candidates should register and create a login ID using the url Click Here and submit the application.
- Attach all the necessary documents and attest by self signature the same.
- In the event of selection the candidates should register his/her details in the Apprenticeship portal https://www.apprenticeship.gov.in/ – Apprenticeship – candidates Registration and report at concerned units with apprenticeship Registration ID.