Indian Coast Guard has released recruitment 2019 advertisement for its Navik (Domestic Branch – Cook & Steward) Various Vacant Posts. Candidates who wish to apply for this Navik (Domestic Branch – Cook & Steward) post in Indian Coast Guard should send their application form online. Online registration starts from “30.10.2019” to “08.11.2019” Candidates who are eligible for this post check the details mentioned below. For more on information about Central Government Jobs please check here.
Candidates are requested to produce all original certificates (UG / PG degrees, age proof, experience certificate, publications and any other testimonials that certify their competency to work in the project) and apply Online.
|Organization||Indian Coast Guard|
|Job Type||Central Govt Jobs|
|Job Location||All Over India|
|Post Name and Vacancies||Navik (Domestic Branch - Cook & Steward) - Various|
|Mode of Applying||Online|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2019 Placement Details
- Indian Coast Guard requires only Indian male candidates for following posts to fill their vacancies.
- (Domestic Branch – Cook & Steward) – Various.
- All Over India.
Indian Coast Guard Job Eligibility Details :
Educational Qualification :
- (Domestic Branch – Cook & Steward) – 10th Class with 50% marks in aggregate from a board of Education recognized by Central/State Government. (5% relaxation in above minimum cut off will be given for SC/ST candidates and outstanding sports person of National level who have obtained 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in any field sports events at the Open National Championship/ Inter-state National Championship. This relaxation will also be applicable to the ward of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service).
- Job Requirement :
(i) Cook. They would be required to prepare food as per menu (both
vegetarian and non-vegetarian including handling of meat products) and accounting of
ration. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties for efficient running of the
(ii) Steward. They would be required to serve food in the Officer’s messes as
waiters, housekeeping, maintenance and accounting of funds, wine and stores handling, preparation of menu etc. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties for efficient running of the organisation.
Age Limit :
- (Domestic Branch – Cook & Steward) – 18 to 22 years as on 01 Apr 2020 i.e. born between 01 Apr 1998 to 31 Mar 2002, both dates are inclusive. (Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates).
Salary Details :
- (Domestic Branch – Cook & Steward) –
- (a) Pay & Allowances : Starting Basic Pay Scale for Navik (DB) is 21700/- (Pay Level-3) plus Dearness Allowance and other allowances based on nature of duty/place of posting as per the regulation enforced time-to-time.
- (b) Promotion : Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Pradhan Adhikari with pay scale 47600/- (Pay level 8) with Dearness Allowance.
- (c) Perquisites :
i) Ration and clothing as per rules in vogue. Free medical treatment for self and
family including dependent parents.
ii) Government accommodation for self & family on nominal license fee.
iii) 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with Leave Travel
Concession (LTC) for self, family and dependent parents as per Govt. rules.
iv) Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement.
v) Canteen and various loan facilities.
vi) ECHS medical facilities post retirement.
Mode of Applying :
- The basic training will commence in Apr 2020 at INS Chilka followed by sea training and professional training in the allotted trade. Branch/trade will be allocated as per the requirement of service and performance during basic training. Naviks are liable to be discharged as UNSUITABLE due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.
Selection Process :
- Written Test.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT).
- Medical Examination.
- Personal Interview.
- Document Verification.
Important Dates :
- Opening date of online portal : 30.10.2019.
- Last Date for Submission of online application : 08.11.2019.
How to apply for Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2019 – Navik (Domestic Branch – Cook & Steward) Posts
- Check and verify your eligibility to Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2019.
- Submit all the details required by Indian Coast Guard.
- Go through the Official Notification carefully.
- Visit Indian Coast Guard official website http://joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
- Eligible applicants would require to register and apply online through Candidates should register and create a login ID using the url Click Here and submit the application.
- Attach all the necessary documents and attest by self signature the same.
- The online application available from 30.10.2019 – 08.11.2019.
- The date and time of the examination will be intimated through Coast Guard website.
- No enquiry will be entertained regarding Recruitment/Enrolment after a period
of six months.
- Travel Expenses : SC/ST candidates, who are not employed by the Central/State Government, will be reimbursed ordinary IInd class fare by train/ Govt. bus/steamer charges as per central government regulations by the shortest route if the home station is beyond 30 kms from the place of testing, on production of original tickets.
Download Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2019 Official Notification and Apply Online
Indian Coast Guard Official Notification : Click Here