Details regarding the posts, vacancies, educational qualification, salary, age limit and selection process are given below in a brief manner, kindly go through it carefully.
Candidates are requested to produce all original certificates (UG / PG degrees, age proof, experience certificate, publications and any other testimonials that certify their competency to work in the project) at the time of interview.
|Organization||The Institute of Mathematical Sciences|
|Job Type||Central Govt Jobs|
|Job Location||Chennai (Tamil Nadu)|
|Post Name and Vacancies||Junior Research Fellow / Project Assistant - 02
Research Associate - 01
|Mode of Applying||Walk In (Interview)|
|Interview Date and Time||01.07.2019 (Monday) at 09.30 a.m|
|Venue||Written Test - 1000 Hrs on 01/07/2019 (Mon) at Chandrasekhar Hall, Main Building, IMSc
Interview - 1400 Hrs at Lounge, 3rd Floor, New Building,
IMSc. [only for those who clear the Written Test, if conducted]
|Official Website||Click Here|
IMSc Placement Details
- The Institute of Mathematical Sciences requires following posts to fill their vacancies.
- Junior Research Fellow / Project Assistant – 02.
- Research Associate – 01.
- Chennai (Tamil Nadu).
IMSc Job Eligibility Details :
Educational Qualification :
- Junior Research Fellow / Project Assistant – The Candidate should have M.Sc in Physics with 60% marks, B.E./B.Tech [First class) with sound background in Physics.
Preference will be given for NET/JEST/GATE qualified students.
Candidates without NET/JEST/GATE score will be considered for Project Assistant position.
Desirable – Candidates should have good understanding of quantum mechanics and know programming language such as C++, Matlab, or Python.
- Research Associate – Candidate should have a Ph.D. Degree in Theoretical Physics with expertise in quantum information theory / quantum networks / quantum field theory with inclination towards quantum simulations.
Age Limit :
- Not Mentioned.
Salary Details :
- Junior Research Fellow / Project Assistant – Rs. 38,000/- pm. (all inclusive)
Rs. 25,000/- p.m. (all inclusive) for candidates without NET/ JEST/GATE score candidates.
- Research Associate – Rs. 58,280/- pm. (all inclusive) Depending upon post Ph.D.
experience consolidated salary will be fixed upto Rs. 66,960/- [all inclusive].
Mode of Applying :
Selection Process :
- Junior Research Fellow / Project Assistant – Written test followed by Interview for
short listed candidates on the same day. [or] Direct interview in case the no. of candidates appeared is less than five.
- Research Associate – Written test followed by Interview for short listed candidates
on the same day. [or] Direct interview in case the no. of candidates appeared is less than five.
Important Dates :
- Qualified and interested candidates may appear for a Walk-In-Interview on 01.07.2019 (Monday) at 09.30 a.m.
How to apply for IMSc Recruitment 2019 – Junior Research Fellow / Project Assistant and Research Associate Posts
- Check and verify your eligibility to IMSc Recruitment 2019.
- Submit all the details required by The Institute of Mathematical Sciences.
- Go through the Official Notification carefully.
- Visit IMSc official website – https://www.imsc.res.in
- Qualified and interested candidates may appear for an walk-in-interview on 01.07.2019 by 09.30 a.m.
- Candidates should bring original certificates in support of age, qualifications, Aadhaar photo ID card, experience certificate if any etc.
- Interested candidates are requested to send a brief e-mail about their interest by attaching therewith their latest resume to unique e-mail id “[email protected]” on or before 1700 hrs on 21/06/2019 (Friday) mentioning the position details in the subject of the e-mail as “Application for the Position of JRF / Project Assistant or Research Associate “ Advt. No: 09 -R/IMSc/2019 dated June 6, 2019.
- Screened list of candidates will be displayed by us after verifying their candidature on the “careers page” of the Institute website [www.imsc.res.in] by 17.00 Hrs on 24/06/2019 [Monday].
Download IMSc Recruitment 2019 Official Notification and attend Walk-in Interview
IMSc Official Notification : Click Here