IIT Madras has released recruitment 2019 advertisement for its Professor & Assistant Professor Various Vacant Posts. Candidates who wish to apply for this Professor & Assistant Professor post in IIT Madras should send their application form online. Online registration starts from “23.10.2019” to “22.11.2019” Candidates who are eligible for this post check the details mentioned below. For more on information about Central Government Jobs please check here.
Eligible candidates fill in the application form and send including e-mail id and mobile no. along with the photo copies of certificates and supporting documents for qualification, experience and other information online.
|Organization||Indian Institute of Technology, Madras|
|Job Type||TN Govt Jobs|
|Job Location||Chennai (Tamilnadu)|
|Post Name and Vacancies||Professor & Assistant Professor - Various|
|Mode of Applying||Online|
|Official Website||Click Here|
IIT Madras Recruitment 2019 – Job Placement Details
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras requires following posts to fill their vacancies.
- Professor & Assistant Professor – Various.
- Chennai (Tamil Nadu).
IIT Madras Job Eligibility Details :
Educational Qualification :
- Professor & Assistant Professor –
- Departments :
- Aerospace Engineering
- Applied Mechanics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Design
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Ocean Engineering
- Qualification : Ph.D., with first-class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with consistently good academic record throughout. Additional qualifications and specialization areas for department wise are available at https://facapp.iitm.in as Annexure-1.
- Experience : Basic Qualification and Experience for the posts are given below. Qualification and Experience will be reckoned as on December 1, 2019.
- Assistant Professor (Grade II) : Candidates with less than three years of industrial/research/teaching experience may be considered for this post.
- Assistant Professor (Grade I) : Candidates with at least three years of industrial/research/teaching experience excluding, however, the experience gained while pursuing a Ph.D. may be considered for this post.
- Professor : Candidates with at least 10 years of industrial / research / teaching experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IISc Bangalore, IIMs, NITIE Mumbai and IISERs or at an equivalent level in any such other Indian or foreign institution / institutions of comparable standards.
Age Limit :
- Professor & Assistant Professor – Assistant Professor candidates should preferably be below 35 years of age as on December 1, 2019.
Salary Details :
- Assistant Professor (Grade II) : 7th CPC Pay Level 10, Minimum Pay : Rs 70900/-
- Assistant Professor (Grade I) : 7th CPC Pay Level 12, Minimum Pay : Rs 101500/-
- Professor : 7th CPC Pay Level 14A, Minimum Pay : Rs 159100/-
- The posts carry allowances such as D.A., H.R.A, transport allowance and telephone
charges as per rules of the Institute, which at present correspond to those admissible to Central Government employees stationed at Chennai. The benefits of LTC, Children
Education Allowance, and contribution towards New Pension Scheme (NPS) shall be
permissible as per GoI rules.
- Depending upon the qualifications and experience, a higher starting salary may be offered in deserving cases as decided by the Selection Committee.
- For More Details Refer Notification.
Mode of Applying :
Duration of the Project :
- Not Mentioned.
Selection Process :
- Written Test.
- Personal Interview.
- Document Verification.
Important Dates :
- Opening date of online portal : 23.10.2019.
- Last date for submission of online application : 22.11.2019.
How to apply for IIT Madras Recruitment 2019 – Professor & Assistant Professor Posts
- Check and verify your eligibility to IIT Madras Recruitment 2019.
- Submit all the details required by Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.
- Go through the Official Notification carefully.
- Visit IIT Madras official website – https://www.iitm.ac.in/
- Eligible applicants would require to register and apply online through Candidates should register and create a login ID using the url Click Here and submit the application.
- Applications are to be submitted online through the link for this advertisement at facapp.iitm.ac.in; fillable forms and instructions can be found at the site. A scan of the signed copy of ONLY the datasheet has to be uploaded using the online link.
- In case of any queries regarding the application submission, please contact: Dean (Administration), IIT Madras, Chennai 600 036. ([email protected])
- The completed application materials should be uploaded on or before 22.11.2019 by 05.00 PM (IST).
- The invitation to candidate for interview merely indicates that it is felt that he/she with others may be suitable for the post and conveys no assurance whatsoever that he/she will be recommended or selected or his/her conditions specified in the application will be accepted.
- The Institute reserves the right to screen and call only such candidates as are found prima-facie suitable for being considered by the Selection Committee. Thus, just fulfilling the minimum prescribed conditions would not entitle one to be called for interview.
- No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates regarding reason for not being called for interview / outcome of interview
- Outstation candidates called for personal interview will be paid economy airfare by the shortest route.
- The candidate is responsible for the correctness of the information provided in the application. If it is found at a later date that any information given in the application is incorrect / false the candidature / appointment is liable to be cancelled / terminated.
- Candidates can get in touch with the Head of the concerned Department for additional information.